Selection Criteria & Eligibility
The Most Promising Multicultural Students program is an opportunity for you to launch a career in advertising, marketing, media, or communications. You'll receive the invaluable experience of networking with leading industry professionals and feel the excitement of the ad business by visiting the nation’s top ad agencies, advertisers, and media companies.
- U.S. citizen or F-1 Visa or permanent resident of African, Asian, Hispanic, Middle Eastern, Native American, or Pacific Island descent.
- Undergraduate student with senior standing, who will graduate in December 2023, May, and August 2024.
- Current dues-paying AAF college chapter of Unaffiliated Student member. (Dues must be received by or before November 1, 2023.)
- Committed to attending all facets of the Most Promising Multicultural Students Program from February 4-9, 2024, in New York City.
Required Submission Materials
All materials outlined below must be submitted online (with the exception of the official transcript). The name on the application must match the name on the resumé, transcript, and ID.
All materials must be received no later than October 31, 2023. Unlike previous years, there will be no extension beyond October 31, 2023.
Written Essay Or Video Response
Each written response should be a 300-word max and video responses should be no longer than 1 minute and 30 seconds. If your video is too large to attach, please upload it to youtube/dropbox/google drive and put the link in the text box. Please make sure anyone with the link can view the video. Please provide a response to each of the essay questions below.
- If you are named as a member of the next class of MPMS, what do you want to get out of the experience?
- What’s your superpower?
- Explain a time you were challenged to create an inclusive environment in your personal or professional life and what actions you took.
- Tell us about a time media positively represented a community or a time it missed the mark for representation. What, if anything, would you have done to enhance this campaign or ad?
- What steps do you plan to take to actively seek out and engage with diverse voices and perspectives in the advertising industry?
Resumé + Community Involvement/Volunteering
Applicants must submit a two-page PDF of their resume and any current community/volunteer service. For community/volunteer service please include: the organization(s) name, length of service, estimated volunteer hours per month, as well as contact information for advisors where applicable. Do not include a photo on your resumé.
Submissions must include at least one (1) recommendation letter from a faculty advisor or nominator in PDF format. Advisors must be from an AAF-affiliated College Chapter, a College/University Advisor, College/University Professor, Local Advertising Club Member or Senior-Level Ad Professional.
A 75-word and 30-second introduction pitch must be written by the student. Both forms of the pitch will be used during the program.
One professional photo in business attire must be submitted for publication and promotional purposes. Photos will not be viewed by the selected committee. Specs: 300 dpi, approximately 4"x6," JPG format only.
Applicants with an interest in creative positions should submit 3-5 pieces from their portfolios. JPG or PDF format only.
All students need to submit proof of academic standing when submitting their application. This may be in the form of an unofficial transcript. If accepted to the MPMS program, all students must send in an official electronic transcript: You may request an official electronic version of the transcript from your school website and have it sent directly to LeAirra Lacey at [email protected].
If you have any questions, please contact LeAirra Lacey at [email protected].
Now Accepting Applications
Deadline: October 31, 2023