Selection Criteria & Eligibility
The Most Promising Multicultural Students program is an opportunity for you to launch a career in advertising, marketing, media, or communications. You'll receive the invaluable experience of networking with leading industry professionals and feel the excitement of the ad business by visiting the nation’s top ad agencies, advertisers, and media companies. Most Promising students also take part in the Most Promising University—an extensive, industry-focused professional development workshop, powered by Omnicom Group; attend exclusive recruiting events and are honored at the Building Bridges for Our Future Awards Luncheon in New York.
U.S. citizen or permanent resident of African, Asian, Latino, Middle Eastern, Native American, or Pacific Island descent.
- Must have proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of the program.
- Undergraduate student with senior standing, who will graduate December 2021, May, and August 2022.
- Be in good academic standing at your college or university.
- Committed to attending all facets of the Most Promising Multicultural Students Program, February 7-10, 2021.
- One (1) recommendation from an advisor of an AAF-affiliated College Chapter or invited college/university, a local AAF advertising federation member, or a senior-level ad professional representing one of the AAF's corporate members.
- Current dues-paying AAF college chapter member. (Dues must be received by or before October 15, 2021.)
Required Submission Materials
All materials outlined below must be submitted online (with the exception of the official transcript). The name on the application must match the name on the resumé, transcript, and ID.
All materials must be received no later than Wednesday, October 15, 2021, at 11:59 pm ET. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Written Essay or Video Response
Please provide a response to each of the essay questions below. Each written response should be a 300-word max and video responses should be no longer than 1 minute and 30 seconds. Indicate in the text box if you will be submitting the video response instead of a 300-word essay:
- Why is diversity in advertising important?
- How do your skills and experiences enable you to become successful advertising professional?
- Can you describe a time when your work was criticized? How did you handle it?
- How do you stay current in what is happening in the advertising industry?
- List 3 reasons you chose to study advertising, and what is the greatest value you can contribute to the field?
Applicants must submit a one-page resumé in PDF format only. Do not include a photo on your resumé.
Applicants must submit an additional sheet outlining the organizations(s) they are a part of, length of service, estimated volunteer hours, as well as contact information for advisors where applicable.
Submissions must include at least one (1) recommendation letter from a faculty advisor/nominator in PDF format. Advisors must be from an AAF-affiliated College Chapter or invited college/university, a local AAF advertising federation member, or a senior-level ad professional representing one of the AAF's corporate members.
Tagline & Hashtag
A tagline or hashtag must be written by the student and promote his/her talents. Both the hashtag and tagline will be used for an awards luncheon slideshow if the applicant is selected and are a great way to reflect the applicant's personal brand. Taglines should not exceed 12 words and hashtags should be 1-3 words.
One professional photo in business attire must be submitted for publication and promotional purposes. Photos will not be viewed by the selected committee. Specs: 300 dpi, approximately 4"x6," JPG format only.
Applicants with an interest in creative positions should submit 3-5 pieces from their portfolios. JPG or PDF format only.
All students need to submit proof of academic standing when submitting their application. This may be in the form of an unofficial transcript. If accepted to the MPMS program, all students must send in an official electronic transcript: You may request an official electronic version of the transcript from your school website and have it sent directly to Emily Gaddy at [email protected].
Transcript by mail: An official transcript for the applicant must be sealed and mailed directly to the AAF from the applicant's University/College. Please mail transcripts to:American Advertising Federation
American Advertising Federation
1101 K Street NW
Washington, DC 20005
If you have any questions, please contact LeAirra Lacey, Senior Manager at [email protected].