Insights from Steve Pacheco
President & CEO, American Advertising Federation
Admerica…Not your normal AAF National Conference
In a normal year, we’d all be packing up and getting ready to head out to some really nice place for our annual weeklong AAF ADMERICA National Conference.
But this is NOT a normal year. We have been very busy planning an ADMERICA that is also NOT normal. (But in a good way!)
Last year, just 90 days into the Global Pandemic, we had to take a few giant steps back and reexamine the conventional AAF National Conference as we quickly had to stand up an all-new virtual National Conference. We tried to offer our attendees the opportunity to still experience an AAF National Conference—but under some very different circumstances. This pause and pivot also gave us the unique opportunity to really, constructively critically, examine the origins of our National Conference and reimagine just what it could be.
We took all of the learnings and candid feedback and attendee responses from that hastily assembled pandemic Conference and rolled them in to an all new, vastly improved, AAF National Conference.
One direct result of that was getting back to the basics and making ADMERICA a more Club-centric National Conference that would provide AAF Club Leadership with the practical info and materials they need to run an effective AAF Club. We also wanted it to be inspiring to our members who have been through so much since last year. And, of course, we promised to continue to celebrate and champion creativity!
And we wanted to offer time in the conference agenda for meaningful dialogues and candid conversation about pressing issues that we all face. And how best to deal with this “New World Order”.
ADMERICA is the American Advertising Federation’s annual conference met to enhance enthusiasm for the advertising, media and marketing industries and the leadership skills of our grass roots network. During this week-long virtual event, attendees can expect exceptional speakers, practical workshops and industry insights designed to elevate each person’s personal and professional approach to excellence.
AAF ADMERICA 2021 “virtual” National Conference is set for June 7–11, 2021.
As part of ADMERICA 2021, we will have dedicated sessions and breakouts:
- AAF National Board Chair – Lynn Lewis – CEO of UM Worldwide will speak on what her AAF Membership means to her. Come hear, firsthand, what Lynn sees as the real value of belonging to the AAF.
- Attendees will hear from Allison Arden (former Publisher of AdAge) on her new health & well-being platform “The Elements of You” which will help you strike a Work / Life balance and stay focused—her mantra is to “Empower People To be Better, Together."
- NSAC Final presentations and announcement of 2021 National Champion. See who had the best Tinder profile from all across America!
- Valuable certification opportunities from Facebook and Circus Street.
- See the top Advertising and Multicultural Moments of the past year during the Mosaic10 panel.
- American Advertising Awards will be a big part of ADMERICA—as North America’s largest creative competition, the National Finalists are the Best of the Best. And you will be among the first to see the National Winners! American Advertising Awards
- Ad Clubs & Members & Volunteers will be honored during Salute to Achievers, as part of AAF Club Achievement Competition—winners will be announced June 11 at ADMERICA.
Other sessions will include:
- Utilizing Best Practices for Effective Communications and Promotions
- Activating the Power of Emotion
- Government Relations–Why it Matters
- Innovid Learning Session
- SAG-AFTRA session
- Club Operations
And of course, our Annual Business Meeting, Council of Governors Meeting, District Meetings, etc.
For the complete ADMERICA agenda—go here. As you can see, the all new ADMERICA has something for everyone. It promises to be well worth your time.
You have the opportunity to support the AAF—and our mission—by registering for ADMERICA 2021 here and helping us connect with those in your network who have interest in attending ADMERICA. We’d love to have a strong turnout for this important National Conference, and to send our National Board Chair—Lynn Lewis—out on a high note!
I really hope to see you at ADMERICA 2021 and join you as we all start a new chapter for the AAF National Conference!
Show up and show off—after all, you’ve worked really hard this year and done some great work that you should be proud of. Don’t miss this opportunity to look back and celebrate these great accomplishments.
<<<Get more Industry Insights
Posted: March 2021