Founder and CEO, RLVNT Media
Tina Wells is a business strategist, advisor and author, recognized by Fast Company's 100 Most Creative People in Business, Essence’s 40 Under 40 and more. For over two decades she led Buzz Marketing Group, an agency she founded at age 16 with clients like Dell, The Oprah Winfrey Network, Kroger, Apple, P+G, Johnson & Johnson, and American Eagle that Tina connected with her network of 30,000 buzzSpotters®and 7,000 “momSpotters”, all influential millennials and passionate end-consumers.
Since 2018 Tina has also been leading Elevation Tribe, a community and quarterly publication she created to help women launch, grow and lead their businesses with a focus on women of color. Tina is also the author of nine books, including the best-selling tween fiction series Mackenzie Blue and its award-winning spinoff series, The Zee Files. She is working on a new middle-grade book series that will be published by Random House in December 2021 called Honest June. She also authored the marketing handbook, Chasing Youth Culture and Getting It Right in 2011. Tina’s multimedia content ventures serving entrepreneurs, tweens and culturists with authentic representation falls under RLVNT Media.
In 2018 Tina also began serving as an Independent Director on the board of THINX. During her time with THINX she advised on the brand’s overall marketing and communications strategy and helped the company successfully raise $50 million in Series A financing from Kimberly-Clark Corporation.
Wells holds a BA in Communications with a concentration in Journalism from Hood College in Frederick, MD. She is a graduate of Wharton Programs for Working Professionals (WPWP) at the University of Pennsylvania and also holds a certificate in Organizational Management from MIT. Tina is a member of the 2017 Class of Henry Crown Fellows at the Aspen Institute, and a founding member of CHIEF, a professional club for executive women in New York City.
Additional Notable Positions:
- Academic Director, Wharton’s Leadership in the Business World Program
- Trustee and Chair of Programs, Marketing, and Business Development Committee of The Franklin Institute
- Board Advisor, Young Entrepreneurs Council
- Board Advisor, the United Nations Foundation’s Global Entrepreneurs Council
- Trustee (Emeritus) The Philadelphia Orchestra Association
- Vice Chair, Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts Brodsky Center Council
- Guest lecturer: Harvard, Stanford, NYU, Columbia, Tulane, MIT, and more.
- The Girl Scouts’ Woman of Distinction
- Cosmopolitan’s Fun Fearless Phenom Award
- Billboard’s 30 Under 30
- Inc’s 30 Under 30
Inductee, 2021 Advertising Hall of Achievement
Last Updated: July2021